Wednesday 24 February 2016

The Little Things in Life...


To be honest, some days I feel like time is flying by at lightning speed. The days blur together full of work and other adult responsibilities. Brandon and I both work full time plus I teach my fitness classes Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:30-6:30. We also usually hit up the gym after work and then make/eat supper. By the time supper is finished and the kitchen is clean, I have zero energy left. I usually either plop on the couch to watch t.v. or I jump in a bubble bath with a good book and then go to bed before 10. As well, 9 times out of 10 I get mindlessly lost on my phone either scrolling through Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. and I want to get better at this. From now on, I am choosing to be more mindful of how much time I'm spending on my phone. Life is passing me by while I am being sucked into other people's lives on social media. How sad!

All of this to say that when Brandon asked me to play crib with him last night after supper, I jumped at the chance. We set up the crib game on our coffee table (yes, we have a bowling pin crib board lol) and he made us each a cup of tea and all was right in the world. I joke that we are like an 80 year old couple but I wouldn't want it any other way. I love that we both enjoy the little things in life and I am so thankful that spending just a little bit of time together brings us both so much joy.

And for the record, he whooped my butt! He thought at one point he was going to double skunk me but I pulled off a couple big hands.There will be a re-match one of these days and I will get my revenge.

I will just leave you with a little reminder.


Happy Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)