Monday 10 March 2014

Weekends are meant for...

Once again, it's Monday. Another weekend has come and gone way too quickly for my liking and a fresh week is upon us. I must admit that this past weekend was a pretty great one for me. I love weekends with a good mixture of plans and relaxing.
 
 
 
On Friday, my oldest sister Ashley (hi Ash!) came home for the weekend. She arrived Friday evening around 6 and we had a belated birthday supper for her. My Grandma Cook came out to the farm for supper and Brandon was here once he was off work. We had steak, baked potatoes, mushrooms, salad, and angel food cake for dessert. It was delicious! We then just hung out and visited since mom had to go to bed early since she worked Saturday morning.

 
On Saturday, Brandon and I were up and out of the house by 8:30. We were on the road to Winnipeg to see a Jets vs. Sens game. Brandon is a diehard Sens fan and was super excited to see his team play (even if we were cheering for the visiting team). All the way to Winnipeg, he had a huge smile plastered across his face and I'm pretty sure he loved every minute of the game. It was a lot of fun, other than getting booed at when I walked down the hall to the bathroom ha! After the game, we grabbed a quick bite to eat and then were on the road home again. We wanted to get home in good time so we could play some games and have drinks with my family when we got home. My family LOVES playing board games! We played games (and I drank 3/4's of a bottle of wine, oops!) and then we headed to bed. 
There you go babe, your picture is on the blog ;)
On Sunday, we had waffles with strawberries for breakfast and then headed out for a walk since it was +3 finally! In Manitoba, winter has been crazy cold and snowy this year since December. To say that I am excited for spring and summer would be an understatement. After our walk, my sister packed up and headed back to Winnipeg. I had a quick nap, did a workout, and headed in to Brandon's house for supper. We went over to his grandparents to help them shovel out their pathway and their patio. They were so appreciative and we stayed around for supper and to watch a bit of curling. They really enjoy having company and I am always glad to spend quality time with family!
 
This week, I am working Wednesday and Friday and I am job shadowing an occupational therapist in Brandon on Thursday. Otherwise, I am busy purging a bunch of my stuff that I don't use or need and I hope to tackle some of my crafting ideas I have pinned on Pinterest! Now I'm off to workout and snuggle this little cutie some more :)
 
 
Have a great Monday & week everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)