Tuesday 31 December 2013

Hello 2014!



I can't believe that today marks the last day of 2013. It seems that the older I get, the quicker time passes. It feels like just yesterday I was still living in Winnipeg and finishing up school at the University of Winnipeg. I have now been living at home since May of 2013 and have been working two part time jobs since September. It has been really great for saving money and spending time with my family, however I am excited that I will be moving out in 2014.

I wanted to kind of recap my 2013 however I don't feel like sifting through all of my blog posts and pictures so that is a no-go. I will say that 2013 was a fun but challenging year full of transitions. 2013 is the year that I... officially finished my undergrad degree, made new friends (hello Natalie!), moved home to mooch of the rents, when I finally got back into a fitness/health groove, when I became an "aunt" to my sweet miss Casey, and the year that Brandon and I celebrated 4 years of dating!

Being someone who loves lists and loves making goals, I think it would be fitting for me to make a few new goals to work towards this year. I know many people think that New Years resolution are silly and pointless, but I am really determined to work towards some small goals. I thrive off of challenge and I want to be constantly improving myself and my life. The only reason resolutions are pointless, is because people fail to remain motivated and driven. It's completely a personal choice and I am vowing to make 2014 amazing!

2014 Goals:
 
1.  Keep a fitness/diet journal to keep myself accountable for how I am treating my body. It's okay if I fail to keep it for a few days or weeks, but I will vow to always get back on track. It helps to make me more aware what I am consuming and how much I am improving my health.
 
2.Consciously spend less time on social media everyday. I made this goal last year and I definitely did not give it my best shot. I am constantly scrolling through instagram,twitter, facebook, bloglovin, etc. or playing games, it is a bit excessive and a waste of my time.
 
3. Meditate daily. I'm making this goal so I can make my mental health a priority. I used to meditate all the time and it helped me feel grounded and it cleared my mind of worries. Anywhere from 5-20 minutes, it was I will aim for.
 
4. Spend less money on clothing. Only buy things when necessary. Get rid of clothes that I know I won't wear again.
 
5. Simplify. My relationships, my money, my wardrobes, my possessions, my thoughts. I just simply want to be more present in my daily life and worry less about what I have or don't have. I stress myself out too much, I get angry too easily, I worry about the unknown. It's time to embrace change and to embrace the unknown.
 
6. Be creative! I want to actually do some of the millions of projects, crafts, and recipes I have pinned. There is no better time than now!
 
 
I am dedicated and determined to make 2014 my best year yet. I want to be positive, happy, healthy, helpful, loving, and intentional in my life.
 
Bring it on 2014, I'm ready for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)