Friday 29 January 2016

25 by 25


One day I was looking through old posts of mine and I came across this 25 by 25 list that I posted back in August of 2012. That feels like an eternity ago and to be honest, I kind of forgot about this list. I thought it would be a neat idea to revisit this list and see how many things I've accomplished. I am 23.5 years old right now, so I still have a year and a half to reach all of my goals! :)


1. Graduate from university  (February 2014)
2. Buy my 1st home - hopefully an old fixer upper  (October 2014- I still love it so much!)
3. Use my creativity more - crafting, gardening, cooking, etc. (Made lots of homemade gifts, planted a garden/plants, etc)
4. Pay off a huge chunk of student debt (Paid off my Student Line of Credit in December 2015, now just for my Canada Student Loans!)
5. Run a 5k (Color Me Rad- June 2013, I think?)
6. Work out regularly and lead a healthier, cleaner life (we go to the gym 5-6 days/week)
7. Do more in the winter months ( in Canada, winter lasts between 6-8 months)
8. Go on at least a one week vacation (Engagement Trip to Alberta- July 2015)
9. Get engaged/married! (Got engaged- June 27th 2015)
10. Grow my own veggie/fruit/herb garden (we did this last year!)
11. Make all homemade gifts for Christmas one year
12. Scrapbook my life and all my adventures
13.Skydive!
14. Write more hand written letters/cards (birthday cards!)
15. Use social media and technology less
16. Live an eco-friendly lifestyle (cleaning, eating, living) (we recycle, compost, use essential oils, and are trying to cut out cleaning chemicals)
17. Step outside my comfort zone more often (joined a bowling league, teaching fitness classes)
18. Learn to crotchet
19. Go on a spontaneous road trip
20. Go rock climbing 
21. Volunteer my time as much as possible
22. Get into the best shape of my life (physically, mentally, emotionally, socially)
23. Get a tattoo!
24. Spend more time outside enjoying nature (lots of walks, runs, and gardening last summer)
25. Buy a nice camera and document all my adventures! (Brandon bought me one for my birthday in 2013, I just need to be better about using it!)

I achieved 14 out of 25 things on my list so far, which is more than I expected! Only 11 more to go and I have a year and a half. Although, there are a couple things that I'm not as interested in doing anymore such as crotcheting and I don't know about a tattoo.

What are some of your goals?

Now I am off to dare. dream. live. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)