Wednesday 24 October 2012

Getting Healthy

As I have mentioned before in a blog post, I often spend time thinking about health and fitness. This is due to events that I have gone through in the past and also even more now because I am getting my kinesiology degree. I go to school each day and learn about things such as nutrition, exercise prescription, disease prevention, anatomy, human physiology, etc. and my life has started revolving a lot more around these things.

In Grade 9 and the summer leading in to Grade 10, I went through a big transformation and my body changed drastically. I stopped eating so much junk food, moved my body more, and generally just paid more attention to what my body needed. I went from 210 pounds down to 170 pounds and everyone at school definitely noticed! However, now that it is 5 years later I have let these habits slowly fade. I mean it seems kind of silly because I have copious amounts of knowledge on the subject but I am not practicing what I preach. I feel it is the time to commit to going through a transformation again and getting back on track with my health and fitness lifestyle goals. Instead of always thinking about doing it or saying "I'll start working out again tomorrow" or "just one more night of eating junk food", I want to just do it.

This means that I will commit to working out 4-5 days per week with a combination of cardio, strength, and yoga. I will also pay more attention to what I am eating, which doesn't mean I can't eat unhealthy foods but I will eat them in moderation. I will eat more fresh and wholesome foods that don't come pre-packaged, so think fruits, veggies, and whole grains. However when people think of health they often neglect to think about other aspects such as getting enough sleep, drinking enough water, rest, and relaxation.

So here is to a new chapter in my life. Here is to doing instead of saying. And here is to getting healthier and happier with my body and my life.

I will also hopefully be posting some of my healthy recipes and updates on workouts I am trying or progress I am making, so keep your eyes open for updates. :)




Cheers to a new "me"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)