Monday 12 May 2014

Healthy Habits!

 Today's TalkWorthy topic:  Healthy Living!

Well what do you know, it's Monday once again! Weekends just seem to fly by right before my eyes. Even though I don't currently have a job I seem to be keeping very busy. My mom and sister were in the city from Wednesday until Friday last week which involved lots of shopping and an early Mother's Day supper. Friday was a friends birthday BBQ, Saturday I went shopping with Ashley and then out to the VIP theater with Brandon, and Sunday was a cleaning, relaxing day. Life seems to be flying by and I really need to get better at documenting all aspects of my life!

Anyways, for anyone that knows me well or reads my blog, they would know that I am a health/fitness nut! I have a handful of tips and tricks that I consistently follow to help me feel and look better. I hate when I let my exercise and healthy eating habits slip away from me, I just start to feel blah. So I thought I would share some basic tips with you guys :)

Quick & Easy Healthy Tips:

1. Always take water & healthy snacks with you every where you go. I like to pack bags of trail mix, a piece of fruit, or a granola bar and stick it in my purse.

2. Do something active everyday. Whether it be a full blown workout or just a quick walk or intensive house cleaning. Just get up, get moving, and get your blood pumping! If I sit around too long, I get stiff and achy.

3. Ditch your high sugar, high calorie drinks and drink more water and green tea! It may seem funny to you but I don't drink pop or juice of any kind. It's too sweet for me and I simply don't like the taste of it. Instead, I drink an ice cold glass of water to quench my thirst. 

4. De-stress daily. Whether it be by taking a bubble bath, having some quiet time to yourself, or doing some yoga. It is super important to allow yourself to just relax and decompress. Too much stress is detrimental to your body!

5. SLEEP! Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Shut off your phone/computer/tablet and just go to sleep. I prefer to read my book before I go to bed (I need to work on this one).

6. Eat a small healthy snack/meal every 3-4 hours. Some of my favourite go-to snacks are cottage cheese with fruit, apple with peanut butter, veggies & dip, trail mix with a piece of fruit, yogurt & granola parfait, or homemade granola bars. 

7. Stay positive! It is so easy to get off track and get frustrated and give up. Instead, acknowledge that you have made some bad decisions and plan for success. When you're lacking motivation, make yourself get up off the couch and workout. Pack your lunch the night before, pre-plan healthy meals, and be proud of any small achievements you have made! You can do it, just keep trying your best!

To be honest, I haven't worked out last Wednesday. I had a lot going on the past few days and I didn't make my workouts or healthy eating a priority. But instead of being annoyed with myself and giving up, I am choosing to make healthier choices this week. I will workout today, I will stay positive, and I will keep working towards the best version of me possible!

Here's to a new healthy week. Make healthy choices everyday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)