Monday 18 February 2013

Break from Technology


Sometimes all you need is a break from technology. From constant internet access to check facebook, twitter, blogger, and email. When I'm in the city, I feel like I am constantly connected to technology and it's hard to get away from it. I like to know what is happening at all times but I never really realized just how much time there is in a day when you put your phone down and don't open up your computer. 

So far, it has been a great start to my week at home. I have bundled up for long walks with the dogs, cuddled my pets, played board games, worked out, had drinks, enjoyed delicious food, slept in, and read for pleasure, not for school. It has been really nice to not be focused on technology but rather enjoy things I love to do, spend time away from school/homework, spend time in the country, and visit and catch up with my family. I miss my sweet Maggie and Brandon already but am looking forward to seeing them on Sunday!

Sometimes it is best to unwind, disconnect, de-stress, and do whatever the heck I want to for a week straight! I vow to take as many bubble baths as a I please and not feel bad about it, I vow to have a few drinks on any given night just because I can, and I vow to feel refreshed by the end of this week away.

Here's to a relaxing and fun reading week! Ashley comes home in 4 days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)