Friday 8 February 2013

Fit Friday #4

I am so glad that I decided to document my fitness & health journey. I believe it really has helped to keep me on track so far! This week wasn't necessarily my best week in terms of the number of workouts and my eating habits but my good intentions are definitely still kicking around. I love how much more energy I have and how much better I feel about myself. This week, I had a few moments of self doubt. Moments when I simply felt like it wasn't worth all the effort, sacrifices and sweat and I caught myself thinking "I will never be as fit as _____" or "My body will never look how I want it to". After spending some time thinking negatively, I told my brain to shut up and told my butt to get in gear. It doesn't matter if I don't measure up to others or if I don't look or perform like others.... all that matters is that exercise is making me feel better, it's increasing my energy, it's helping me get my self confidence back, and it's improving my overall health. After each workout I do, I am shocked by what my body is capable of doing... so I will continue to push and continue to see great improvements.

Now enough blabbering on. I thought this week I would post a couple workouts I have been doing as well as a few healthy recipes I am hoping to try.

Workouts
 I found this AMAZING new blog run by nicole called pumpsandiron which has tons of challenging workouts, healthy recipes, DIY projects, and fashion posts. Exactly my cup of tea! I decided to try 2 of her workouts Saturday and I honestly thought I was going to pass out, but I made it through. I highly recommend checking it out for some inspiration.

I also did Jillian Michael's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism workout and a couple biggest loser workouts like Cardio Max Weight-Loss, At-Home Challenge, and Calorie Knockout. Also, I managed to coerce Brandon in to working out with my twice this week ;). We made up out own workouts both times combining cardio and strength exercises in a circuit format.

Food
Lately, I have been thinking about how many projects, recipes, crafts, etc that I have pinned on Pinterest and then never thought about it again. So I thought I would look back through my recipes and find a few that I would like to try in the new week or two! So here it goes.

 Quinoa & Black Bean Lettuce Wraps

 Spinach, Mushroom & Feta Quiche
 Healthy Quinoa Recipes
Honestly if you haven't tried quinoa, get on it. It's a great substitute for rice and it packs a huge protein punch! I really want to try the strawberry and mandarin salads, the black bean burgers, and the apple cinnamon breakfast quinoa.

Granola Energy Bars 
I love the idea of putting dried fruit in granola bars.
 
 I will hopefully be trying these recipes in the next little bit and I will be sure to document it and share with you as soon as I can. 

Until next Friday, get off your butt, move a little more each day, try new healthy foods (you may be surprised), and find a way to make these healthy habits FUN! Trust me, if I can do it so can you. Make small changes and see the difference it makes!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)