Tuesday 13 November 2012

Weekend Recap

I mentioned last week that I was SUPER excited to head home for the weekend and let me tell you, it was an amazing weekend! I was scared that my sister and I weren't going to make it home because a snow storm was supposed to roll in on Friday. Thankfully, the storm held out until Saturday and Sunday... so I got to spend the weekend at home with my parents, sister, and the animals.

On Friday, I was done class at 11:20 and then I grabbed my sisters car keys and left the city by about 12:45. I was home by 3:45 and spent the afternoon visiting with my mom, drinking tea, cuddling Missy and Jinx, and making supper. My mom and I headed to Brandon to pick up Steph and then headed home to visit some more!

On Saturday, we spent the day cooking, baking, visiting, playing games, cuddling the animals some more, having drinks, visiting the cows, and just relaxing! It was the perfect way to spend the day.

On Sunday, it was more of the above with a little bit of paper writing thrown into the mix. I was supposed to head back to Winnipeg that afternoon but ended up being snowed in, we got about 7 or 8 inches of snow from Saturday to Sunday so I didn't head back to Winnipeg until Monday morning.

It was exactly the kind of weekend I needed to feel refreshed and relaxed! It was so nice to see my sister in over a month and I am hoping that it will help me get through the next month or so of classes and exams. Now I cannot contain my excitement for Christmas! There is honestly nothing better than Christmas, I love the lights, decorations, baking, music, snow, presents, family time, hot chocolate, tobogganning, snow fort building, etc.

Here are a few pictures from this weekend:
( I apologize that they are poor quality, I took them on my blackberry)
Playing settlers of catan!
Visiting the cows
Sleepy little Jinx
Maggie needed momma cuddles when I got home

Sweet little missy
snow, snow, snow
snowy trees
Now I am ready to push through these last 11 days of lectures and 6 exams before I can head home again to celebrate Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)