Friday 18 January 2013

Fit Friday #1

This blog is like my personal journal and journals usually document many important aspects of someone's life. Since I am hoping to make fitness and health a bigger part of my life this year, I thought it would be appropriate to document my journey along the way. Therefore, welcome to my first "Fit Friday" post. I am hoping to use Fridays to post about new healthy recipes/snacks, interesting workouts, goals I have reached a long the way, and other ways in which I am working towards this healthy lifestyle. I hope these posts can also inspire those reading and give them new exciting ideas to help them in their journeys. I was contemplating putting up before pictures as well as my current weight and measurements and then seeing my visual progress but I haven't had enough courage yet (also I don't own a scale). However, I may choose to do this yet but I'm not sure.

I have been working out solidly now for 2 weeks. This means that I have worked out 6 days/week and had 1 rest day per week in order to let my body have the rest it needs.

My workouts have included: The Biggest Loser, Jillian Michael's, and Leslie Sansone DVD's along with some workouts from pinterest, my own weighted workouts, and some Body Rock. Body Rock is something that I started with Sarah last year when we both wanted to slim down and tone up and it's basically a website with tons of different workouts, challenges, diet tips, etc. All their workouts are around 12 minutes long, so no excuses to skip ;)





I realize now that some of these images are a little hard to see but if you're interested in trying any of these workouts, then you can follow me on Pinterest (click and it'll take you to my page). 

On the first few days, I honestly thought I was going to puke or faint because I was that out of shape but now it is starting to feel really good. Now I am even noticing that my body is craving the movement and the sweat session (good sign I would say). I just hope I can keep up with doing it consistently!

In my diet I just focus my meals and snacks around fruits, vegetables, and unprocessed foods. I also don't drink sugary beverages ie. juice and pop (other than with alcohol ;) ) because I don't enjoy it. As well, remember to drink lots of water, tea, and milk :)

Check back in next Friday for more fitness related jibberish. Possibly even some new recipes :)

Happy weekend!




1 comment:

  1. (I'm JUST getting caught up on reading blogs today...)

    This is awesome!! I'm getting more and more into fitness lately too, so I'm probably going to actually do something with my Pinterest account and follow you! Haha. The new gym Fitness Centre here is great, but there's nothing like a home workout too.

    ReplyDelete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)