Friday 25 January 2013

Fit Friday #2

TGIF! This week did a good job of showing me just how stressful the next couple of months will be for me. I discovered I have a total of 13 papers to write this semester, alongside group projects, tests, and exams... I will be so thankful when April 18th arrives. Then I only have a few more classes to take next fall before I can get my Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Kinesiology, all the stress will be worth it once that day arrives!

Okay, now on to talking about my workouts/recipes of the past week. Let me just say, I am very proud that I have been consistently working out 6 days per week for 2.5 weeks now... that's a huge accomplishment for me. I am feeling great and I have a lot more energy now to get through my days. I also find myself looking forward to working out, so I hope I can keep it up.

This week, I added in some more Pinterest workouts such as:


 I am also really enjoying Biggest Loser workouts such as Calorie Knockout and At-Home Challenge. As well, I picked up 2 new Jillian Michael's workouts at Walmart last Friday. One cost me $5 and the other was $7, so that is proof right there that getting in shape doesn't have to cost a fortune. I recommend finding a type of exercise you enjoy, for example I really enjoy cross fit, kickboxing, and walking workouts and then find a way to add variety. For me this means that one day I will do a couple pinterest workouts and the next day I will choose one of my workout dvds. As well, there are lots of free workouts on YouTube or the Internet in general. Check into them!

Now for one of my favourite healthy recipes: 

QUINOA & SAUSAGE STUFFED PEPPERS

Ingredients:
3-4 peppers to stuff (colour is your choice, I like using red)
4-6 Sausages 
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 pepper for filling
2 stalks celery
1 tomato
1 onion
8-10 mushrooms
2 gloves garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp no-salt seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dill
Cheese

Directions:
1. Cook quinoa. You need double as much water as you have quinoa, so therefore 2 cups water. You mix quinoa and water and bring to boil, once it's boiling, turn it down to medium heat and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the water is gone.
 2. Cook sausages. I took them out of their casing and cooked in medium heat until brown. I then added in the garlic cloves, pepper(for filling), celery, onion, mushrooms, and all the spices. Allow to cook for 10 or so more minutes.
* Note: you can use any vegetables you wish to or that you think would be good in them. Same goes for the spices, feel free to add in whatever tastes you like... for example, add cayenne if you like spicy.
3. While your sausage/veggie mixture is cooking, cut your peppers in half and remove their seeds.
4. Take your sausage/veggie mix and add it to the cooked quinoa. Then take the combined mixture and stuff it into your halved peppers.
5. Cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Top with cheese (of choice) and cook for 5 more minutes.

Dig in & enjoy! :)

6 comments:

  1. That workout challenge looks tough! Love red peppers...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The workouts are super tough but so rewarding & I love doing them while I watch my favourite tv shows :)

      Delete
  2. New blog look too! Nice... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe looks DELICIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm...these recipes are NOT helping my hunger, but they look so darn good.

    ReplyDelete

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)