Wednesday 2 January 2013

Home for the Holidays 2012

For the past 2 weeks or so, I have been MIA in the blog world due to very slow internet access at my farm. I was okay with no having great access to internet because it allowed me to enjoy quality time with my family and also left me feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. I didn't check Facebook, Pinterest, or my blog very often and it was a much needed break from technology!

I arrived home on December 19th and my sister Stephanie arrived home on December 20th, so those few days before Christmas were reserved for making chocolates, wrapping presents, and listening to Christmas music. On Christmas Eve, I headed to my Aunty Heathers to celebrate my little cousin Annalyn's 5th birthday and enjoyed some appetizers. Then I went to Brandon's grandparents to open some presents and visit with them! On Christmas Day, I awoke around 7:15 because I slept on the couch and didn't sleep very well. Everyone else was up around 8 and we made some coffee and waffles! It has always been a tradition to eat breakfast before opening presents, ever since I was a kid. We then received a call from my Aunt and Uncle in Atlanta, so presents got pushed back a little. We had made plans to skype with my sister who is in Europe at 11 a.m. our time and after much hassle we finally got to see/talk to her for a little while! Christmas really wasn't the same without my big sis around but I know she is enjoying her travels. The rest of Christmas day I was at Brandon's house for more food, presents, and games. Presents this year included: a Kobo, new shirt (dad picked out, gasp!), knit headwrap, bath salts, body spray, books, movie, spending cash, gift cards, T swift c.d, owl lamp, infinity scarf, nail polish, starbucks travel mug, lush body products, wine, etc. I was so spoiled!!!

Missy with her stocking!
Missy just wanting some lovin' - no surprise there.
Grandma, Mom & Dad opening their stockings.
Mom's Christmas flower arrangement from my grandma.

Boxing day = my mom's family all at our house. It was close to 30 people in our house and it was very chaotic... but I should be used to that by now.

Me & my cousin Maddy.
Stephanie sporting a funky hair clip ;)
My dad and my cousin Scarlett.
Megan & Madison.
My goofy momma & little cousin Annalyn.
Family & presents galore!
Sweet miss Jessica; she soaked in each & every present!
My mom, Aunt Kathryn & Aunty Heather.
December 27th = my dad's family Christmas at the Clanwilliam Hall. We started off the day with sleigh rides at 3 p.m., then we played games, had drinks, and ate tons of food all over again. It was also a "tasteless and tacky" Christmas theme and some of the costumes were priceless!

Beautiful Clydesdales.
Richard, Steph, Same & Amanda
Uncle Doug, Dylan, Bryden, Liam, Grandma & Aunty Kathy.
Devon & Dad.
Laughs were had!
Clanwilliam General Store
Beautiful view of Clanwilliam
Snowy tree.
Clanwilliam grain elevator.

My favourite picture by far!
Many bingo games were played. It's a Cook tradition!

Same & Amanda!
Uncle Ken & Nicole.

Tasteless & Tacky to the max!
Aunty Barb playing mini sticks
A small group shot of our lovely outfits ;)
The next few days, I enjoyed lounging around the house, spending more time with family and enjoying the down time. On New Years Eve (which is also Cathy's birthday- Brandon's mom), we hung out at Brandon's house with Sarah and his parents. We had yummy appetizers, played sequence and mexican train, and enjoyed many laughs. It was the perfect way to start 2013!

January 1st, we celebrated my sister Stephanie's birthday which is actually today. Both my grandmas came out to the farm as well as her boyfriend, his parents, and his grandparents. We had a pulled pork supper, angel food cake, and a good visit. I am officially back in the city and am enjoying these last few days of my break before school begins. I am excited for a fresh start in 2013, in the next couple days I will be talking about my 2013 goals! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)