Tuesday 26 March 2013

Honey Glazed Ham & Scalloped Potatoes

Happy Tuesday everyone!

 I know that Tuesdays aren't usually the happiest day of the week since they are still so far away from the weekend but my Monday sucked (I was sick in bed)... so Tuesday has to be much better! Today I am going to share a delicious recipe with you. In fact, we just finished eating it for supper and it's definitely worthy of being on the blog. It's yummy & easy... my favourite kind of recipe! I will never be a food blogger by the way, I am always too excited to eat the food rather than take beautiful pictures of it. Be glad I even snapped pictures before I shoved this deliciousness in my mouth! :)

Honey Glazed Ham

Ingredients
- 1 ham with or without the bone (obviously)
- 1/2 to 1 cup of honey
- fresh dill: a couple of sprigs
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions
1. The night before, combine 1/2 cup of honey, 1/4 cup mustard, and the dill in a ziplock baggie and then place the ham inside and cover the ham in the mixture. Keep in the fridge overnight.
2. The next day place the ham in a roaster or casserole dish.
3. Place 1/2 cup of honey and the 1/4 cup brown sugar in a dish and microwave for 30 secs or more. Once it's melted, drizzle over top of the ham.
4. Place the ham in the oven and cook at 400 degrees for approximately 2 hours (depends on the size of the ham).

Simple Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
I know I try to keep things healthy-ish around these parts, however this recipe is anything but healthy. It has flour, butter, and cheese... oh no! But rest assured it's delicious and should be eaten in moderation. I had never made scalloped potatoes before, so I googled a recipe and was surprised at how easy it was.


Recipe from here.

Ingredients
- 4 to 6 potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion
- 4 tbsp flour
- seasoning salt
- pepper
-1 and a 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cheese

Directions
1. Cut up the potatoes and layer along the bottom of a casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle with half the flour and salt and pepper. Add 1-2 tbsp of butter.
3. Put another layer of potatoes on top & repeat step #2.
4. Pour the milk over top of the top layer of potatoes.
5. Cook at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with cheese & broil for 10 minutes.


I promise if you like a good home cooked meal, you'll like this one! It's easy, cheap and delicious. Just give it a try & let me know what you think :)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)