Thursday 11 April 2013

Stranded, cold & angry.

*Begin rant*

So yesterday, I spent all day studying & preparing for my final so I could go out last night. I had plans to go our for drinks & food with my friend Megan. Side note: Megan lives in England but lived in Manitoba for a couple years in high school. She's a year younger than me but easily one of my best friends :). She was only in Winnipeg for one day & I was SUPER excited to see her since it's been 2 years.

Megan & me in high school.
Well in true fashion, I was late leaving my house to go pick up Richard (my other good friend) before heading to Earl's. My gas indicator was telling me that I was almost at empty though, so I had to stop and get gas. I was rushing & stressing over being late. After that, I had to wait at the longest stop light ever & as I was waiting, a lady walked by and looked at my car strangely. I had no idea what she was looking at and once the light turned green I attempted to accelerate. My engine revved really high, I started to panic but I finally got through the intersection at turtle speed, and had just enough juice to get myself into a parking lot. 

I get out and look under my car and sure enough there is fluid everywhere. At this point, I was panicking & tears instantly sprang to my eyes. I urgently called my parents, my mom was all calm & rational like usual and my dad told me that it was probably a broken transmission line. Say what? MY hunk of crap car broken down AGAIN on the only night this week that I needed it. I was infuriated. Next I called Brandon, bawling my eyes out and screaming. He calmed me down & said he would come get me (he ended up not coming because he had bowling). Finally, I called CAA (road assistance) and they told me that the wait would be anywhere up to 90 minutes... at this point, I was felt like yelling "YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!". 90 minutes and it isn't even winter (apparently they are understaffed). So instead of seeing Megan, I spent my Wednesday night waiting for CAA to arrive in a freezing cold car. I got bored and each minute that went by, I got angrier and angrier.

I'm not sure I have mentioned all my car problems on here before, however there have been many. Ever since I got my Focus last January, we (as in my parents, Brandon & I) have replaced my transmission ($1000), fixed the air conditioning ($140), replaced an engine valve ($130), replaced the rear struts & tire mounts ($450), and now whatever expense comes from this break down. This means that we have paid half as much for repairs compared to what the cars worth ($3000). To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I barely drive my car (maybe once a week and when I go home) and I simply wanted a reliable & cheap car to maintain while I'm in university. This hunk of crap, was not a worthy investment. I want a new car. So done with fixing & repairing this garbage car.


My grumpy face. I was not impressed by the time I got home. Not even tea helped.


*End of rant*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to comment! I will respond to each comment as soon as I can :)